Senior/Lead Data Scientist
Delen Private bank is looking for a Senior/lead Data Scientist with a proven track record in the field of Data Analytics, Data Science and Machine learning practices. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to apply and develop your skills in several domains and address diversified business problems like fraud and anomalies detection, personalised marketing, segmentation, text categorisation, emotion detection and more.
You will work with diverse analytical methodologies, including statistical/machine learning, forecasting, survival analysis, optimiation, text mining, process mining, graph analysis, algorithms and others. You’ll be part of a passionate team of IT Business analyst and other Data oriented (engineering) profiles and will be based in our headquarter in Antwerp.
Delen Private Bank is a unique organisation where innovation and lean processes are embedded in the DNA. We’re known as an early adopter who’s not afraid to challenge the status quo. We are a people-oriented company where everyone’s voice counts. That’s why we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and embrace initiative and responsibility. Another differentiator is undeniably our continuous learning and development culture; people get numerous possibilities to acquire new competences: trainings, seminars, coaching, ….
- At least a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics or engineering/ Computer Science (a PhD is considered an advantage). Do you have another academic background, with substantial knowledge of analytics and Machine Learning Techniques? Please feel free to apply.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in Data Analytics and Data Science, and ideally, but not necessarily, in the financial sector.
- Good knowledge of common statistical models and machine learning algorithms used in data science.
- Good knowledge of open source packages like Pandas, Numpy, sklearn, matplotlib, Tensorflow,...
- Proficiency in some of the programming languages used in Data Science, such as R or Python, Scala, SQL.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a mature view on E2E Data science projects are considered as a strict must.
Nice to have
- Expertise in either NLP or computer vision are considered a plus.
- Experience in deep learning is considered a strong asset.
- Understanding of distributed computing (NoSQL databases, Spark, …) is considered a plus.
- Experience working in a distributed setup Data Science setup is considered a plus.
- Data gathering
- Data cleaning
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data visualization
- Feature engineering
- Predictive modelling
- Relational database querying (SQL)
- Attractive salary package with numerous benefits
- Flexible hours
- High quality company restaurant
- Relaxation area with pool, darts, …
Are you qualified for this opportunity? Send your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch very soon.